The Lord Looks at the Heart —
Instructions: All the words in the following crossword puzzle describe things that make up a person’s heart.
Click here to print out the puzzle. (If you need help, you will find the words in the prayer below.)
3. forming pictures in one’s mind of things that are not present
7. my inward person
9. things hidden from the knowledge of others
10. ideas embraced with certainty
11. deciding in advance how to do things
1. ideas or opinions
2. making selections between two or more possibilities
5. hopes for the future
8. strong wishes or wants
Dearest Father, You know me from the inside out. You know my thoughts and plans. You understand all my reasons, feelings, and desires. You are aware of the choices and plans I make and why I make them. You are acquainted with all my secrets and beliefs. You even know everything about my imagination and dreams. Sometimes the things you see in my heart please you, and sometimes they make you sad. Yet God, you continue to love me and forgive me.
Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Thank you. Amen.